January 20, 2010

Welcome



I am so happy you have stopped by to read what is going on in my little corner of the world in New York.

I am busy learning about and making Waldorf Inspired Dolls and Toys to sell  on my fun shop on Etsy.com 

My newest listing is for this Waldorf 13.5 inch doll below named POPPY and her EIGHT NEW PIECES OF CLOTHING. 


I am offering  FREE SHIPPING (a savings of $20) for this listing if purchased by January 31st!!


POPPY is a genuine Waldorf doll (explanation below) who just loves dressing up. POPPY comes complete with a new 8 piece wardrobe just in time for Valentines Day. 


I can't take all the credit for how pretty her clothes are. I let Poppy pick out her fave designer fabric. It took her FOREVER but she finally decided she wanted me to make her wardrobe from the coordinating pieces from the Teatime Floral 2 fabric collection designed by Holly Holderman of Lakehouse Drygoods. Poppy fell in love with the rich colorful flowers and would love to eventually have something from EVERY piece of Holly's collection.

That's why UniqueFiberArts is the shop she most hearts on Etsy.com. She has seen my stash and knows what is soon to be showing up in my Etsy.com shop! You can bet she will be using my iPod Touch through out the day to check if anyone has heart her or if her new BFF has bought this listing!! The suspense is growing for her and she is so excited!

To go under her new wardrobe pieces, she has a new pair of 'WHITE VINES ON WHITE' COTTON PANTIES(1)and a new matching WHITE UNDERSHIRT(2); 'PINK FLORAL PRINT' WIDE GATHERED LEG PANTS(3);and matching SLEEVELESS TOP(4); 'ROSE COLORED HYDRANGEA PATTERN' BOOT-CUT LONG PANTS(5); that match the 'ROSE COLORED HYDRANGEA PATTERN' AND WHITE PINAFORE DRESS(6).



And something she really wanted me to make and was thrilled when I did: a PEASANT DRESS (7); that has a CREAM background with PINK AND RED HYDRANGEA FLOWER PETALS.



She can never decide if she should wear it alone or over either the wide leg or boot cut pants - I tell her it is up to her sense of style and what mood she is in on any given day, besides, whatever her choice she will LOOK and FEEL absolutely GROOVY!




Her favorite piece (that she feels pulls everything together) is the 100% wool felt FLOOR-LENGTH RED DUSTER(8).

She loves how it compliments her beautiful new pinafore dress and adds flare to her new peasant dress (with or without the coordinating pants).

The duster will be perfect for keeping the chill off when she goes out with her brand new BFF (she is so excited to find out who that will be!)


She says the red duster makes her feel STYLISH and EXTRA BEAUTIFUL!! She is such a fashionista!

So for days, she has been busy modeling all the pieces and mixing and matching them over and over again. She can't wait to have you help her show it all off for you! She keeps reminding me that she is all set for VALENTINES DAY festivities with the beautiful clothes I have just made for her in shades of RED.




As you might guess she simply loves spending hours shopping Etsy.com looking for NEW clothes and seeing what fashions all the other Waldorf dolls are wearing! She follows my Etsy shop on twitter and facebook, too! She will never want to miss a new item placed on my shop - because she knows it will be some new item to die for! She is hoping I will make some new felt ACCESSORIES for my shop for her to wear and I promised I would - very soon.

If she goes home with you, be warned that she will want to check out my BLOG often! She knows she might actually win a FREE item of clothing if she leaves a comment telling me why THAT is the item she wants and needs the most!

POPPY is made from what is considered the ORIGINAL Waldorf Doll pattern. She is made using traditional European craftsman techniques and from natural and organic materials. Her legs and body are one piece. She can sit and her arms are attached.

She is 13.5 inches high. Her body is made from European organic knit fabric and she is stuffed with 100% clean lambs wool. Her blond wig is crocheted from the softest natural BAMBOO YARN that you won't believe till you touch it. It has been sewn securely to her head. But it can be replaced if later she wants to become a red-head or a brunette or if she changes her mind and thinks she would prefer long locks instead of the shorter cut she decided on the other day.


She is made to be played with everyday and will also last to be handed down to the next generation. She is heirloom quality.

Thank you for reading about Poppy and her new clothes and for shopping UniqueFiberArts on Etsy!! Please convo me (email me by clicking Conversations at the top of my Shop page) and let me know if you would like to order this POPPY doll or another 13.5 inch doll in this style who prefers different color wardrobe and/or hair and eyes, etc.

I am sure I can make a doll to your specifications and just in time for Valentines Day!

Blessings!
~debbie :)

6 comments:

  1. Count me in Deb!!! I posted it on Facebook and emailed all my girlsfriend to enter!
    See you soon
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great- Thank you. I'm writing a story about my daughter Annette's first babies that she got for Christmas this year. It's called "Little Mommy."
    Jocelyn Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jocelyn! I am so happy you entered into the contest! I know your hubby and his family and have been following Annette's pics on your Facebook! She is so awesome! Thank you for writing the story about her first babies! How fun! I love your story! That gives you an extra 10 entries for the contest! And thank you so much for all the email contacts, another 15 entries for you! Don't forget when you are completely finished entering all the ways you want, to send me a final email detailing all the ways you have entered! I don't want to overlook any entries you (or anyone) should have, gOoD lUcK!! Welcome to my blog and check back often for more giveaways!
    ~debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! My daughter who goes to Denver Waldorf School was sitting next to me and started saying "I want it! I want it!" so...if that isn't evidence of the quality and draw of your dolls - nothing is! Thanks for this fun opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea,
    "JO" loves that your daughter wants her!! Maybe she will help you write a story about a favorite doll!, or help you enter in other ways!
    Good Luck!
    ~debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I am here and will really read your comments! I look forward to your comments, questions and insights. I love to respond to my blog followers. Thank you for reading Waldorf Inspired Dolls and Toys blog!
~debbie :)