March 13, 2010

Waldorf First Companion Doll CoCo


 It is a really rainy Saturday here in New York where I live. The weather man said the amount of rain we will get today is equivalent to 30-40 inches of snow! Oh my! We are SO GLAD it is NOT snow!! Ha ha. We will gladly take the rain. Most of our snow from the February snow storm is melted. As you can imagine we now have MUD to deal with! And it is still cold outside!

But good news! Robins are everywhere in our yard, and tonight we change the clocks to daylight savings time - so we know that Spring is on it's way! Before the weather warms for good, I couldn't help but make another snuggly doll in warm, cozy red fleece. This is my newest listing just added to my Etsy shop. This is CoCo: a Waldorf First Companion Doll.

Coco's body is made from super soft red fleece. The brown skin tone fabric is organic and the eyes are hand embroidered with black satin thread. The mouth is hand embroidered in red thread.

Peeking out from under the sweet little hood is thick curly bangs made from soft black mohair boucle yarn.

This soft little baby doll is 12" long and is perfect for little ones to play and sleep with. As you can see in the pictures, CoCo loves to play and is not afraid of heights. Where ever your child can think to take this doll, CoCo will be the perfect playmate, ready for action.




Then when it is time to take a nap or sleep for the night, little Coco will warm in your child's embrace. And as the wool warms, your little one will find this little doll to be a sweet and cozy companion that inspires safe and happy dreams. As your child cuddles with this doll, there is not a spot on it that is not warm and soft in return.


CoCo is made in the Waldorf tradition, with an inner head that is handmade from wool and shaped and tied and covered twice for a beautiful smooth face and hands and arms that plastic or vinyl dolls cannot compete with. CoCo's fleece body is its clothes and is all one piece, not removable. It is stuffed with rolled wool and will not bunch or lose it's shape. The little pointed cap has a bell sewn into the tip for a soft little jingle.

This Waldorf First Companion doll is the perfect first doll for an infant to grow to love. Of course, older toddlers and children can not help but love this special Waldorf doll as well and this would make a wonderful, thoughtful gift for any age.


If you would like me to make you a custom doll, the hair can be embroidered flat against the head, or left off all together, if you are concerned about the child mouthing the yarn hair. The body can also be made out of soft velour or even designer cotton fabric. I have many skin tones you can chose from for the face, hands and feet. Just leave me an Etsy email under "Conversations" and I will reply right away.


This doll, CoCo, is ready for immediate sale, costs $49 plus shipping, and is ready to give away lots of love and joy to a lucky little child. I had so much fun making this precious little Waldorf doll!


Too rainy to go out, I think I will spend some time finishing the wool bunny in Spring time colors for my shop!
Many blessings,
~debbie :)

3 comments:

  1. We are in the same neck of the woods. Lovely doll, I'm sure Coco is so soft and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoyfulMama, Thank you so much! I am glad you stopped by my blog and so glad you took a minute to comment! Hope you will take time to let me know you were here again! :)

    Woolladyfelter, hasn't the weather been insane this year? What's with all this wind and rain this week after all that snow? Gracious! Thanks for the kind words about my doll. I hope you will visit my blog again! Thanks for commenting! Btw, I have enjoyed your blog!

    blessings to you both!
    ~debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I am here and will really read your comments! I look forward to your comments, questions and insights. I love to respond to my blog followers. Thank you for reading Waldorf Inspired Dolls and Toys blog!
~debbie :)